1. Develops software for new products according to customers’ requirements under the supervision and in collaboration with the R&D director. C language is used to write directly to the hardware or within an RTOS environment, depending on the project.
2. Maintains the code, implements bug fixes and new features into existing products while clearly documenting all changes.
3. Document designs and tests properly using provided templates.
4. Designs and executes/delegates software test procedures for all firmware versions prior to release.
5. Releases firmware versions internally for the production department and as updates for users.
6. Troubleshoots problems detected during product development, production and after delivery to end-user. Issues can arise from the hardware, software or can be a combination of both so not only software debugging but also electronic test tools such as the oscilloscope and logic analyzer are used to help identify the problem, find the cause, present a solution and prove its effectiveness.
7. Designs, supervises and executes a wide range of software, mechanical and electronic tests. This includes verifying proofs of concept, confirming that a developed product’s parameters are within specification and testing solutions to discovered problems.
8. Develops and maintains software tools for production dept. used for calibration, configuration and quality assurance of products before they are ready to ship out. Assists and trains production members in using said tools.
9. Makes modifications and assembles electronics for own use to help with development or debugging.
10. Ability to interpret, understand, debug and revise firmware written by other engineers.
Additional tasks assigned by superior whenever required.
Essential skills required:
1. Proficient in writing and reading English
2. Ability to read PCB schematics
3. MS Office skills for writing reports and documents
4. Proficient in C developing environments (IDE)
5. Ability to understand and interpret technical datasheets of electronic components
6. Ability to analyse, compare and advise suitable microcontrollers that will satisfy the technical requirement.
7. Familiar with I2C, RS485, UART communication.
8. Ability to learn new skills and knowledge through self-study.
Advantageous skills required:
1. Proficient in Circuit studio
2. Experience in LED lighting industry
Astera LED Technology
- Company type:
- Recruiter Type: Employer
- Industry type: Electronics/Semiconductor/IC
Astera LED Technology was founded in Germany in 2007. Astera’s core engineers and management have been operating in the LED field since 2003 and have been working at the forefront of innovation ever since.
Astera is the leading manufacturer of wireless LED fixtures and controllers for event-lighting. In addition, the company has developed several outstanding LED lightsources and controllers for architectural lighting. Further more the company designs and manufactures LED lamps for other European companies.
Astera’s young and dynamic R&D team is specialized in developing embedded LED control systems and advanced LED lamps. With an outstanding R&D and support of experienced management Astera is constantly asserting on all markets that are sensitive to innovations of the LED lighting business.
Based on the global network of partners and suppliers, Astera pulls together the competences for helping customers to find the optimal LED-solutions for their specific needs. The company is co-working with experienced and reliable companies in the LED business which are involved in the latest technologies world-wide. Astera is providing its customers with LED controllers for various interfaces like DMX-512, wireless radio-control and Ethernet.
For special needs and exclusive projects Astera is developing customized or completely new LED solutions. With a team of dedicated engineers and a work station and quality control management in South China
- Current Location: Shenzhen China
- Address: CLT Technical Park ,No.7, Ganliliu Rd., Buji, Longgang District, Shenzhen,China