1. To ensure high quality educational provision in all International areas of the curriculum throughout the school.
2. To continually develop international areas of the curriculum to best fit the student cohort within the school.
3. To monitor and improve the international teaching and learning delivery within the classroom.
4. To ensure high quality International competitions and activities take place, within the financial constraints of the school budget.
5. To collaborate with local management team members to increase and develop bilingualism within the school.
6. To contribute to the professional presentation of the school to parents and the local community.
7. To guarantee and oversee the use of the MacDuffie Mission and Vision within the school.
8. To supervise and oversee international accreditation processes.
9. To communicate clearly, appropriately and in a timely fashion with the School Board.
10. To work as an active part of the Senior Management Team.
11. To provide international perspectives and an international voice to the school, both internally and in promotional material .
12. To comply with all handbooks and policies as set out by The MacDuffie School.
13. To fully comply with the contract conditions.
14. To ensure that international programs produce correct and useable operational data.
15. To constantly analysis data to guarantee the best teaching and learning quality possible for the students in the school.
16. To maintain 75% International staff retention year on year, or, where an internal or external management or financial issue is preventing teacher retention, to ensure that the School Principal is fully aware of all conditions, information and likely outcomes.
17. To maintain 75% current student retention year on year for all local students in fully international programs or, where an internal or external issue is preventing student retention, to ensure that the School Principal is fully aware of all conditions, information and likely outcomes. This responsibility is not applicable for any bilingual school programs.
18. To represent the school and programs at student recruitment events.
19. To represent the school at selected external events and award ceremonies as applicable.
20. To attend and complete all assigned training.
US or UK Primary Curriculum knowledge
Minimum of 2 years Primary teaching experience
Demonstrates understanding of ESL learning in Primary students
Able to inspire others and lead a team
Primary Management or Team Leading Experience
The MacDuffie School
- Company type:
- Recruiter Type: Employer
- Industry type: Education/Training/Universities & Colleges
MacDuffie School Tianjin is a K-12 bilingual and international school with almost 900 over 850 students. The Campus enrolls Chinese students onto our bilingual program and international students both Chinese and International students onto our international program. The Tianjin campus was founded in 2012. The International Department has 8 Subject Teachers and 3 Bilingual Language teachers. The maximum class size is 20, with the average class size being 10. The current student number is more than 50 and growing fast. The Schools caters for students from Grade 1 – Grade 12. The first class graduated in June 2016 and the school was made part of the MacDuffie Education Group in 2018.
We run The Mustang House system to instill school spirit, encourage teamwork and develop student leadership. There are 6 Mustang Houses and they compete in events, sports competitions and other games and activities throughout the year, leading to the awarding of the annual House Cup. This is a key part of our wider mission to live our Circle values of Community, Integrity, Respect, Creativity, Leadership and Excellence in all that we do.
- Current Location: Tianjin China
- Address: Tianjin =