REPORTS TO OPERATIONS MANAGER
Position purpose This role will be responsible for assisting the CEO with coordinating and directing activities in China having a pivotal role with the development of the new manufacturing facility.
Core objectives include:
• Coordination, planning, and execution of daily operational and administrative support for CEO
• Managing the CEO’s workflow and priorities by managing his schedule and anticipating steps ahead.
• Allocate work to colleagues to ensure goals are achieved
• Arrange weekly office meetings to plan duties and tasks to be undertaken
• Assist with the day to day dealings between China office and Head office
• Arrange meetings with suppliers, stakeholder and government officials when required
• Complete weekly project status reports for Australia
• Assist in translating
• Assist with the development and management of the manufacturing facility project
• Ensure that all office facilities are working properly
The above list is not exhaustive, and the role may change to meet the overall objectives of the company.
Other Duties Fulfil other duties as required by management and other department personnel as required.
• Professional approach
• Ability to work under pressure
• Exceptional Communication skills
• Good at networking.
• Organisaional and time management skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to provide quality customer service
• Unwavering commitment, integrity, resourcefulness and multiple-skills capability
• Unique skill set of technical and soft skills such as discretion, flexibility, loyalty, dedication, resilience and the ability to relate at every level
Desired competencies • Fluent in Chinese and English language
• Exceptional understanding of Chinese and English written language
• Experience in the plumbing industry an advantage
• Understanding of manufacturing sector
• Analytical thinking
• Ability to make critical decisions under pressure
• Mathematical Skills
• Exceptional negotiator
• Logistic skills
• Business awareness
• Strategic thinking
• Positive approach to change
Qualifications • Bachelors degree or above, preferably majoring in Accountancy or Finance or Business Administration.
• Pertinent experience in a similar role
Knowledge • Knowledge of Supply Management Software (Database Management, Inventory Management, Financial Analysis, Point of Sale, Procurement, Project Manager).
Skills & competencies • Customer service focused: committed to providing exceptional customer service across all channels – written, phone and face to face.
• Communication: the ability to communicate clearly and concisely, varying communication style depending upon the audience.
• Attention to detail: excellent attention to detail and written skills when communicating with others, both internally and externally.
• Commerciality: ability to apply knowledge in a practical, commercial manner.
• Teamwork: willingness to assist and support others as required and get on with team members.
• Time management/organisation: accomplish objectives effectively within time frame given and carry out administrative duties within portfolio in an efficient and timely manner.
Personal attributes • Professional approach (essential).
• Ability to lead a team in a positive manner (essential).
• Confident manner (essential).
• Positive approach to change (essential).
Ottimo Metal Products
- Company type:
- Recruiter Type: Employer
- Industry type: Trading/Import & Export
Foreign owned company specialising in the manufacturing and supply of plumbing products.
- Current Location: Taizhou(Zhejiang) China