Position / Role Introduction
The Dean of Academics is a challenging and rewarding position, who works directly with the Principal at KLIS to ensure the quality of education. Our teachers are provided an US curriculum as a guide and framework for the academic year, and design daily lesson plans and manage the classroom as they would in a typical US classroom. Students take their coursework in English and classes are led by international teachers.
• Assists with data organization from all assessments and diagnostic instruments and develops strategies for intervening with students who are experiencing difficulties.
• Engages staff in intensive data analysis and results planning.
• Works collaboratively with other educators to integrate educational initiatives and resources.
• Assists in program implementation and curriculum development.
• Assists schools in determining effective methods for the integration of curriculum standards, instructional strategies, and the developmental use of authentic assessment.
• Models a variety of instructional strategies.
• Assists in identifying professional development plans
• Salary: Monthly, competitive salary based on your credentials and experience
• Accommodation: Free housing
• Accommodation Details: Western-style apartment within walking-distance to your school
• Airfare Reimbursement: Airfare to China and return flight covered by School
• Airport Pickup: Yes
• Support Staff: Fully bilingual support staff available to help process your visa, settle you into your apartment, translate legal documents, and much more. We provide western comforts and support to make the transition easier for you.
• Health Insurance Provided: Yes
• Additional Benefits: Paid Vacation
• Professional Development: Ongoing professional development provided, including annual teacher in-service, and frequent professional development opportunities. Teachers enjoy career advancement opportunities.
• Bonus: Teacher referral bonus offered to all KLIS teachers.
• Holidays: We observe local national holidays and some US holidays.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Education: Bachelor's degree or Master’s Degree in education.
Minimum of five (5) years of professional teaching experience at and holds a valid teaching degree;
Minimum of two (2) years’ experience as a successful leader in instruction, curriculum and assessment.
Basic technological/computer skills
• Licensed Teacher Preferred
KLIS international school
- Company type:
- Recruiter Type: Employer
- Industry type: Education/Training/Universities & Colleges
KLIS is committed to creating, sustaining, and growing visionary educational programming that meets the goals of globally-minded PreK-adult learners, the faculty and administration who serve them, and the organizations and corporations who go on to employ them, worldwide. KLIS was established in 2015. It is a non-profit school serving students in grades PreK-12. Open to students of expatriate families living and working in southwestern China, KLIS offers an American-style curriculum taught by an accomplished American and international faculty.
- Current Location: Chongqing China