Teachers will work one-on-one or one-on-two with students to help them improve their academic scores on standardized tests, including but not limited to SSAT, SAT, ACT, TOEFL, IELTS, APs, and A-levels. All work is remote, given that our students are located in both China and the US (attending private boarding schools in the US). However, US candidates are preferred, in order to accommodate and work with our US-based students. Competitive hourly pay in USD or RMB and flexible working hours. We also welcome top-tier college students to apply as summer intern teachers.
1. Teacher availability needed during after-school hours, including afternoons, evenings, and weekends;
2. Professional ability to engage the student and encourage learning and growth, and
3. Weekly meetings with the Director of Academics to discuss student's progress.
1. Bachelor's degree;
2. Has previously taken the SAT/ACT;
3. Prior experience with intensive standardized testing teaching (SSAT, SAT, and ACT) and proven track successful record (boosting scores 250+);
4. Prior experience with English tutoring (TOEFL, IELTS);
5. Ability to work on a flexible schedule to accommodate our busy summer, winter, and spring break schedules;
6. Thorough understanding of and familiarity with the application process to top US schools (both selective colleges and private boarding high school prep);
7. Source appropriate course preparation materials suited to each student's individual needs and level. (Except for SAT and ACT lessons—those will be provided), and
8. Most importantly—works well with/must have patience with Chinese students/non-native English-speaking students.
1. Native English speaker;
2. Familiar with Microsoft Team platform;
3. Graduate from top-tier US universities;
4. Enthusiastic about teaching and working with bilingual dynamic Chinese students at a fast pace;
5. Experienced English/AP teachers with lesson plans and teaching materials (PPTs) a plus, and
6. Experienced in the full college application preparation and process (including, but not limited to, the writing of college essays and supplements, and internship placement.
China Elite Academy is the premier established talent development center based in Shanghai and is now looking to expand the US teaching team. Our motto is to bring people and ideas together!
We believe that every student that walks through our doors is unique and has their individual path in life — no two students are the same — which means that we do not subscribe to a "one size fits all" philosophy with our rigorous test training, preparation methodology, and learning strategies. Our proprietary and personalized Total Care® Program is proven to help students and their families overcome any challenge, achieve any goal, and surpass any expectation. Over the years, China Elite Academy's custom-tailored Total Care® program has helped students from all over Asia to not only gain admittance to their dream schools but has also equipped them with the tools and skills necessary to succeed beyond admittance.
With services ranging from standardized test prep, communication skill-building, volunteer programs, research internships, and entrepreneurial projects, we provide year-round college consulting services that extend beyond a student's academic development. Every student is unique, with different backgrounds, strengths, talents, and aspirations. Our Total Care® Program is designed to find the most suitable pathway for each and every student to succeed in pursuing top-tier universities in the US.
Our students range from grades 6 to 12. We provide assistance in:
1. All-around character development with unique Tibetan volunteer program www.8turtle.com;
2. Language training (reading, writing, speaking, and listening – with an emphasis on
4. Rigorous boarding school academic curriculum;
5. Standardized test preparation;
6. Schooling in arts and culture;
7. Planning and organizing extracurricular activities, and
8. Religious studies.
Our head office is located both in the downtown business hub in Jing'an District, Shanghai, China with regional offices at the 49th Tower, 5th Avenue, New York City, and Plantation, Florida.