AHEAD-University of New South Wales Australian High School Program - DIRECT HIRE)
Positions: Mathematics Teacher
Location: Wuxi Xishan Senior High School
Projected Start Date: Mid-August, 2021
Please see below regarding the UNSW Mathematics course descriptions and content.
The University of New South Wales Program UF High School Program is the #1 offshore Australian program in China. The program is the #1 source of undergraduate students from China for the Australian G8 with over 340 gaining admission to the University of Melbourne, Monash, UNSW and Sydney in 2020.
The program is the only one in China that has integrated an overseas university's postgraduate foundation program into the normal high school curriculum due to the normal high achievement and academic background of the partner schools and their students. Prior to the final year of studies, students choose one of three study streams to the enter: Commerce, Physical Science and Design. The Design Stream is the only program in the country offered to Chinese high school students interested in pursuing university studies in Architecture, Urban Planning, and similar disciplines. The University of New South Wales partners with the AHEAD Education Group to oversee and manage the onsite HR, scheduling, and administrative organization of the program.
• Bachelor's degree in relevant teaching field (other fields may be considered with demonstrated work experience); Master's degree preferred.
• Minimum 2 years teaching experience (visa regulation).
• Able to provide documents necessary to process z-visa:
-new z-visa candidates (authenticated police check AND academic credentials)
-transfer z-visa candidates (also release letter, reference letter from current school, etc)
• Ability to work cooperatively and diplomatically with students, parents, faculty, staff, and administration in a foreign cultural environment.
• Commitment to student learning and to continued professional development.
• Ability to engage students in learning.
•Deliver curriculum according to syllabus and timetable through lecture, assessments, practicals, labs and homework.
•Teach projected 22 class periods a week (45min periods)
• Assign and promptly mark class work, homework, tests and assignments.
•Be available and provide appropriate feedback to students regarding progress and encourage and monitor the progress of individual students.
•Maintain accurate and complete records of students' progress and development.
•Prepare and promptly deliver required student reports to the program management, host school, and the University of New South Wales.
• Communicate with parents, co-workers, and the campus manager about the progress of individual students when necessary.
• Competitive salary commensurate with experience, education, position, and placement
• Furnished on teachers residence or housing allowance (~2500RMB).
• Airfare or travel allowance (8500RMB)
• 8-10 weeks vacation weeks/annum (depending on, campus academic calendar)
• Paid vacation time during contract period
• Paid sick days and personal days
• Domestic health insurance
• Tax services
• Airport pickup and personal orientation
• Sponsor work (Z) visa, Foreign Expert Certificate & Residence Permit
• All curriculum and teaching material provided (as developed by UNSW)
• Access to in-country staff and department heads in Sydney for academic support, professional development.
Thank you for your interest in this position. We look forward to sharing more about the position and program with you.
MATH C COURSE DESCRIPTION
Mathematics C is a compulsory subject for the Commerce Stream and is worth 10 units of credit.
Students will be introduced to mathematical techniques which are relevant to the real world with an emphasis
on applications to areas of commerce and finance. In this subject, students will consider problems requiring
the application of knowledge and skills in a range of topics.
Topics: Terms in Mathematics, Basic Number and Algebra Review, The Number Plane, Functions and
Graphs, Differential Calculus, Logarithmic and Exponential Functions, Sequences and Series, Further
Differential Calculus and Applications, Mathematics of Finance, Integral Calculus, Probability, Data
Description and Probability Distributions.
MATH S COURSE DESCRIPTION
Mathematics S is a compulsory subject for the Foundation Studies Physical Science, Life Science and
Commerce Actuarial Studies Streams and is worth 12 units of credit.
Students will be required to solve a variety of practical mathematical problems using a range of strategies,
methods and techniques, and should be able to select and use appropriate mathematical language and
notation to explain and verify mathematical arguments and concepts.
Topics: Terms in Mathematics, Indices and Logarithms, Algebra, Functions and Relations, Coordinate
Geometry, Differential Calculus, Quadratic Theory, Trigonometry, Polynomials and More Algebra,
Geometrical Applications of Differentiation, Sequences and Series, Mathematical Induction, Integral Calculus,
Further Trigonometry, Calculus of Trigonometric Functions, Exponential and Logarithmic Functions,
Applications of Calculus to the Physical World, The Inverse Trigonometric Functions, More Calculus, Further
Polynomials, The Binomial Theorem, Probability.