Industry | ICT & Consumer Electronics
Employment Type | Full-Time
Job Functions | Localization, Translation, Writing/Editing
Huawei is an ICT solutions provider, headquartered in China and with operations in more than 170 countries. Our products and solutions are serving more than one third of the world's population, and include smartphones, PCs, tablets, wearables, and more.
We're looking for an experienced, bilingual writer and translator to join our team. Our work spans UI/UX, naming, marketing, branding, user manuals, and of course UX writing and translation.
You will be responsible for working with other linguists, as well as the development and design team to find the best writing, translation, and localization solutions for a variety of consumer products. Your work will be the launching point of further translation into 60+ languages.
Ideal candidates will have outstanding written verbal and written communication skills, total fluency in Chinese and English, be culturally fluent, and be driven to work towards a common goal.
• Translation from Simplified Chinese into English
• Re-writing or writing content as necessary (technical and marketing)
• Linguistic testing
• Cultural adaptation and localization
• Communicating with Chinese teams from different professional backgrounds
• English Native speaker
• Proficiency in Chinese
• Strong writer
• Intuitive understanding of how information should be presented and structured
• Degree in translation, language studies, communications, UI/UX, telecommunications, computer science or related field
• Experience in translation, writing, editing, localization, or communications
• Experience in ICT products preferred
• Passionate about intercultural communication and sensitive to cultural differences
• Curious, quick learner (enjoy learning how things work), and attentive to details
• Empathetic, able to imagine user perspectives
• Flexible problem solver who approaches issues from many angles
• Ability to multitask and work under pressure
Huawei believes the future will be a Better Connected World. We connect systems, businesses, cities, and people around the globe. We make work more efficient, help transform industries, and deliver a better experience to every user. Huawei enables the free exchange of ideas, and moves the world forward. Come and join us. Let's change the world together.
Huawei Technologies Co.,Ltd
- Company type:
- Recruiter Type: Employer
- Industry type: Telecom & NetworkEquipment
A leading global provider of information and communications technology (ICT) infrastructure and smart devices. With integrated solutions across four key domains – telecom networks, IT, smart devices, and cloud services – we are committed to bringing digital to every person, home and organization for a fully connected, intelligent world.
Our end-to-end portfolio of products, solutions and services are both competitive and secure. Through open collaboration with ecosystem partners, we create lasting value for our customers, working to empower people, enrich home life, and inspire innovation in organizations of all shapes and sizes.
We invest heavily in basic research, concentrating on technological breakthroughs that drive the world forward. We have more than 180,000 employees, and we operate in more than 170 countries and regions.
- Current Location: Shanghai China
- Address: Xinjinqiao Road, Pudong District