KLISCB is committed to creating, sustaining, and growing visionary educational programming that meets the goals of globally-minded PreK-adult learners, the faculty and administration who serve them, and the organizations and corporations who go on to employ them, worldwide. KL International School of Chongqing Bashu was established in 2015. It is a non-profit school serving students in grades PreK-12. Open to students of expatriate families living and working in southwestern China, KLISCB offers an American-style curriculum taught by an accomplished American and international faculty.
Position / Role Introduction
The Primary School Teacher is a challenging and rewarding position. Academics of the program are administered by the Dean of Academics, who works directly with the Principal at KLIS to ensure the quality of education. Our teachers are provided an US curriculum as a guide and framework for the academic year, and design daily lesson plans and manage the classroom as they would in a typical US classroom. Students take their coursework in English and classes are led by international teachers.
• Develop lesson plans and instructional materials, and provide individualized and small group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student
• Teaching mathematics to students from grades 3 to 5
• Evaluate students’ academic and social growth, record appropriate records and prepare progress reports
• Instructs students individually and in groups during the instructional time, using various teaching methods such as but not limited to lectures, discussions, demonstrations, presentations, class projects, use of media, technology, current research in instruction, tutorials and other tools that provides for student engagement in the learning process and enables students to achieve learning objectives.
• Adapts teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students’ varying needs and interests, including students with limited English proficiency.
• Experience developing students' linguistic and cognitive abilities through the explicit integration of reading, writing, speaking, and listening into instruction across all content areas and activities.
• Skill in monitoring/assessing performance of students and of yourself to make improvements or take corrective action.
• Assist and coordinate activities and events inside and outside of school
• Organizing and assisting club activities and other student activities
• Salary: Monthly, competitive salary based on your credentials and experience
• Accommodation: Free housing
• Accommodation Details: Western-style apartment within walking-distance to your school
• Airfare Reimbursement: Airfare to China and return flight covered by School
• Airport Pickup: Yes
• Support Staff: Fully bilingual support staff available to help process your visa, settle you into your apartment, translate legal documents, and much more. We provide western comforts and support to make the transition easier for you.
• Health Insurance Provided: Yes
• Additional Benefits: Paid Vacation
• Professional Development: Ongoing professional development provided, including annual teacher in-service, and frequent professional development opportunities. Teachers enjoy career advancement opportunities.
• Bonus: Teacher referral bonus offered to all KLIS teachers.
• Holidays: We observe local national holidays and some US holidays.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Education: Bachelor's degree or higher in education or related fields
• Experience: 3 or more years of classroom teaching experience. Those who have taught primary school mathematics are preferred
• Teaching License
KLIS international school
- Company type:
- Recruiter Type: Employer
- Industry type: Education/Training/Universities & Colleges
KLIS is committed to creating, sustaining, and growing visionary educational programming that meets the goals of globally-minded PreK-adult learners, the faculty and administration who serve them, and the organizations and corporations who go on to employ them, worldwide. KLIS was established in 2015. It is a non-profit school serving students in grades PreK-12. Open to students of expatriate families living and working in southwestern China, KLIS offers an American-style curriculum taught by an accomplished American and international faculty.
- Current Location: Chongqing China