This is a DIRECT HIRE position.
School: High School Affiliated to Xi'an Jiaotong University
School Program: UNSW Australian High School Program
Positions: Computing Studies Teacher
Projected Start Date: Mid-August, 2021 (or earlier pending availability)
Please see below regarding the UNSW Computing for Academic Purposes course descriptions and content.
The University of New South Wales Program UF High School Program is the top rated offshore Australian program in China and the #1 source of undergraduate students from China for the Australian Group of Eight Universities including over 340 gaining admission to the University of Melbourne, Monash, UNSW and Sydney in 2020.
The program is the only one in China that has integrated an overseas university's postgraduate foundation program into the normal high school curriculum due to the normal high achievement and academic background of the partner schools and their students. Prior to the final year of studies, students choose one of three study streams to the enter: Commerce, Physical Science and Design. The Design Stream is the only program in the country offered to Chinese high school students interested in pursuing university studies in Architecture, Urban Planning, and similar disciplines. The University of New South Wales partners with the AHEAD Education Group to oversee and manage the onsite HR, scheduling, and administrative organization of the program.
• Bachelor's degree in relevant teaching field (other fields may be considered with demonstrated work experience); Master's degree preferred.
• Minimum 2 years teaching experience (visa regulation).
• Able to provide documents necessary to process z-visa:
-new z-visa candidates (authenticated police check AND academic credentials)
-transfer z-visa candidates (also release letter, reference letter from current school, etc)
• Ability to work cooperatively and diplomatically with students, parents, faculty, staff, and administration in a foreign cultural environment.
• Commitment to student learning and to continued professional development.
• Ability to engage students in learning.
•Deliver curriculum according to syllabus and timetable through lecture, assessments, practicals, labs and homework.
•Teach projected 22 class periods a week (45min periods)
• Assign and promptly mark class work, homework, tests and assignments.
•Be available and provide appropriate feedback to students regarding progress and encourage and monitor the progress of individual students.
•Maintain accurate and complete records of students' progress and development.
•Prepare and promptly deliver required student reports to the program management, host school, and the University of New South Wales.
• Communicate with parents, co-workers, and the campus manager about the progress of individual students when necessary.
• Competitive salary commensurate with experience, education, position, and placement
• Furnished flat or housing allowance (~3000RMB).
• Airfare or travel allowance (8500RMB)
• 8-12 weeks vacation weeks/annum (depending on, campus academic calendar)
• Paid vacation time during contract period
• Paid sick days and personal days
• Domestic health insurance
• Tax services
• Airport pickup and personal orientation
• Sponsor work (Z) visa, Foreign Expert Certificate & Residence Permit
• All curriculum and teaching material provided (as developed by UNSW)
• Access to in-country staff and department heads in Sydney for academic support, professional development.
Thank you for your interest in this position. We look forward to sharing more about the position and program with you.
COMPUTING FOR ACADEMIC PURPOSES COURSE DESCRIPTION
Computing for Academic Purposes incorporates both a practical and theoretical component that prepares students for success at university.
In Term 1 practical skills are developed using software that is applicable across all disciplines. Theoretical understanding is approached by identifying and critiquing topical technological issues relevant to individuals and society that may impact on their academic, personal and professional lives.
Computing for Academic Purposes takes place in a computing laboratory using a hands-on, problem-solving approach. Software covered includes MS Office applications and ancillary tools such as bibliographic software (Mendeley).
In Term 2 topics are tailored to core applications required for disciplinary learning at university.
Commerce and Arts/Social Sciences streams learn more advanced spreadsheet techniques using MS Excel to analyse, manipulate and visualise data. Students will also work in groups to locate, explore and choose appropriate tools and presentation methods to develop and present a concept for a multimedia object, including peer review, critique and feedback of another group’s project.
Science streams focus on developing programming skills using Python. Students will apply problem-solving methods to develop solutions to real-world problems, using established programming conventions and good programming practices.
The practical component includes MS PowerPoint, MS Word, MS Excel, Mendeley Referencing; the theory component explores Digital Literacy, Hardware, Software, Internet, Security and Privacy.
- Company type:
- Recruiter Type: Employer
- Industry type: Education/Training/Universities & Colleges
The AHEAD Education Group develops and manages international curriculum programs in partnership with nationally ranked Chinese public high schools and foreign academic partners. AHEAD programs send the most students in China to Australia’s G-8 Universities through its University of New South Wales (UNSW) High School Program, the top performing Australian offshore program in China. Over 87% of its graduates have gone to the top four universities in Australia including over 350 to the University of Melbourne (#1) and the University of New South Wales (#3) in 2020.
In partnership with Wasatch Academy, an eight-time winner of best-in-state, AHEAD oversees a three year American high school diploma programs on four campuses based on the project-based, student-directed curriculum of their nationally renowned American NAIS-accredited partner school.
The AHEAD Education Group's academic center partners are nationally ranked top high schools across China. AHEAD's key mission is to establish and coordinate international educational solutions for the brightest and most capable Chinese students seeking admittance to top universities in the United States, Canada, Australia and beyond.
- Current Location: Nanjing China
- Address: Nanjing, Hangzhou, Xi'an, Suzhou, Wuxi, Kunshan, Xuzhou, Zhengzhou, Nantong