Location: Nanjing - DIRECT HIRE
Projected Start Date: Mid-August, 2021
Please see below regarding the UNSW Chemistry course description and content.
The University of New South Wales Program UF High School Program is the #1 offshore Australian program in China. The program is the #1 source of undergraduate students from China for the Australian G8 with over 330 gaining admission to Melbourne, Monash, UNSW and Sydney in 2020.
The program is the only one in China that has integrated an overseas university's postgraduate foundation program into the normal high school curriculum due to the normal high achievement and academic background of the partner schools and their students.
Prior to the final year of studies, students choose one of three study streams to the enter: Commerce, Physical Science and Design. The Design Stream is the only program in the country offered to Chinese high school students interested in pursuing university studies in Architecture, Urban Planning, and similar disciplines. The University of New South Wales partners with the AHEAD Education Group to oversee and manage the onsite HR, scheduling, and administrative organization of the program.
• Bachelor's degree in relevant teaching field (other fields may be considered with demonstrated work experience); Master's degree preferred.
• Minimum 2 years teaching experience (visa regulation).
• Able to provide documents necessary to process z-visa
-new z-visa candidates (authenticated police check AND academic credentials)
-transfer z-visa candidates (also release letter, reference letter from current school, etc)
• Ability to work cooperatively and diplomatically with students, parents, faculty, staff, and administration in a foreign cultural environment.
• Commitment to student learning and to continued professional development.
• Ability to engage students in learning.
•Deliver curriculum according to syllabus and timetable through lecture, assessments, practicals, labs and homework.
•Teach projected 20-22 class periods a week (45min periods)
• Assign and promptly mark class work, homework, tests and assignments.
•Be available and provide appropriate feedback to students regarding progress and encourage and monitor the progress of individual students.
•Maintain accurate and complete records of students' progress and development.
•Prepare and promptly deliver required student reports to the program management, host school, and the University of New South Wales.
• Communicate with parents, co-workers, and the campus manager about the progress of individual students when necessary.
• Competitive salary commensurate with experience, education, position, and placement
• Furnished on teachers residence or housing allowance (2000-3000RMB).
• Airfare or travel allowance (8500RMB)
• ~8 weeks fully paid vacation/year
• Paid sick days and personal days
• Domestic health insurance
• Tax services
• Airport pickup and personal orientation
• Sponsor work (Z) visa, Foreign Expert Certificate & Residence Permit
• All curriculum and teaching material provided (as developed by UNSW)
• Access to in-country staff and department heads in Sydney for academic support, professional development.
Thank you for your interest in this position. We look forward to sharing more about the position and program with you.
CHEMISTRY COURSE DESCRIPTION
The Chemistry course aims to provide a range of knowledge and skills required for further study in Science and Engineering. From basic principles, this subject develops a deeper knowledge of modern chemistry ideas and applications. On successful completion of the course a student will:
-have a knowledge of the language and basic ideas of chemical science
-have an understanding of the properties of materials and the changes they undergo
-be able to explain the chemical reactions, properties and structures observed or studied using established laws, theories and concepts
-be able to perform a range of simple chemical calculations
-be able to perform a range of simple manipulative and measurement skills associated with a chemical laboratory.
Topics: Fundamental concepts; names of common elements, symbols, formulas and equations; mole concept and mole calculations; periodic table - patterns and trends; atomic structure and chemical bonding, VSEPR theory; states of matter - properties and structure; solutions; gas laws; fuels, calorimetry, enthalpy and thermochemistry. Electrolytes and solubility/precipitation; net ionic equations; reactions of acids and bases; chemical equilibria (Ka and Ksp); oxidation-reduction reactions; electrochemical cells. Organic compounds, nomenclature and typical functional group reactions. Compulsory lab work.
- Company type:
- Recruiter Type: Employer
- Industry type: Education/Training/Universities & Colleges
The AHEAD Education Group develops and manages international curriculum programs in partnership with nationally ranked Chinese public high schools and foreign academic partners. AHEAD programs send the most students in China to Australia’s G-8 Universities through its University of New South Wales (UNSW) High School Program, the top performing Australian offshore program in China. Over 87% of its graduates have gone to the top four universities in Australia including over 350 to the University of Melbourne (#1) and the University of New South Wales (#3) in 2020.
In partnership with Wasatch Academy, an eight-time winner of best-in-state, AHEAD oversees a three year American high school diploma programs on four campuses based on the project-based, student-directed curriculum of their nationally renowned American NAIS-accredited partner school.
The AHEAD Education Group's academic center partners are nationally ranked top high schools across China. AHEAD's key mission is to establish and coordinate international educational solutions for the brightest and most capable Chinese students seeking admittance to top universities in the United States, Canada, Australia and beyond.
- Current Location: Nanjing China
- Address: Nanjing, Hangzhou, Xi'an, Suzhou, Wuxi, Kunshan, Xuzhou, Zhengzhou, Nantong