Job purpose / summary
Astera is the leading manufacturer of wireless lights for entertainment and filming industry. Our company is in a process of development to not only keep being a reference brand in our traditional markets but expanding to architectural lighting.
As part of the Quality Department, your roll as Test Engineer is critical in order to assure the reliability, performance and top quality of our products having to do at least:
• Define the tests to be performed on our products during NPI and mass production.
• Design test parameters.
• Create customized quality checks
Also you will be part of NPD where you will learn from the beginning the new products and will analyze the tests to be done in order to assure reliability of the design and the “Do right the first time”
You will work together with R&D department and ME department in order to achieve the tests done on time and to offer the proper results to Quality Department in order to be able to take reasonable decisions under controlled and real data.
Duties and responsibilities
• Work with product design and manufacturing engineering:
o Determine product testing parameters for new products.
o Determine product testing parameters for modifications on products.
o Develop test programs and write test plans to validate product performance.
• Perform the tests, together with other quality engineers.
o Assure that all tests and procedures meet company and industry standards.
• Conducting Quality Assurance and designing performance tests.
o Continuously training to quality supervisors and team in order to perform better tests on products during normal production.
• Writing the final QA and test procedures.
• Preparing test reports for managers.
o Suggest fixes and improvements.
o Recommend product design revisions based on test data to meet expected performance
• Determine resource and equipment needs to conduct testing
• Plan improvement proposal to eliminate customers’s complain through acknowledge the application environment
• Tasks assigned by manager
Excellent verbal and written communication, interface with a variety of personnel including operators, quality engineers, inspectors, shop floor supervisors, program managers, project engineers and design engineers
Occasional travels together to laboratories, machinery suppliers…
Experience, education and skills
The successful candidate must have:
• College or above degree on electron-mechanical engineering.
• At least 5 years of working experience as test engineer.
• Familiar with various testing techniques
• Knowledge of the seven tools of Quality.
• Great trouble shouting skills
• Analytical mindset
• Hands-on experience with QMS,Capable to draft the Quality procedure.
• Requires the ability to identify quality issues which could negatively impact program deliverables and initiates appropriate corrective action.
• Complete knowledge of Office package.
It is preferred that the successful candidate has:
• Experience on lighting industry.
• Experience on SMT.
• English communication both oral and written
Astera LED Technology
- Company type:
- Recruiter Type: Employer
- Industry type: Electronics/Semiconductor/IC
Astera LED Technology was founded in Germany in 2007. Astera’s core engineers and management have been operating in the LED field since 2003 and have been working at the forefront of innovation ever since.
Astera is the leading manufacturer of wireless LED fixtures and controllers for event-lighting. In addition, the company has developed several outstanding LED lightsources and controllers for architectural lighting. Further more the company designs and manufactures LED lamps for other European companies.
Astera’s young and dynamic R&D team is specialized in developing embedded LED control systems and advanced LED lamps. With an outstanding R&D and support of experienced management Astera is constantly asserting on all markets that are sensitive to innovations of the LED lighting business.
Based on the global network of partners and suppliers, Astera pulls together the competences for helping customers to find the optimal LED-solutions for their specific needs. The company is co-working with experienced and reliable companies in the LED business which are involved in the latest technologies world-wide. Astera is providing its customers with LED controllers for various interfaces like DMX-512, wireless radio-control and Ethernet.
For special needs and exclusive projects Astera is developing customized or completely new LED solutions. With a team of dedicated engineers and a work station and quality control management in South China
- Current Location: Shenzhen China
- Address: CLT Technical Park ,No.7, Ganliliu Rd., Buji, Longgang District, Shenzhen,China