Sevco is looking to recruit an expat to assist in the management & operations of it's trading office in Guangzhou. Whilst the role will initially be focused on procurement & sourcing, there will be opportunities to get involved in the wider business including quality and logistics. This is a great opportunity for a motivated person to take on a challenging role within the Chinese manufacturing space, which will provide great development opportunities. It won't be easy but it will be rewarding. The role also comes with the expectation of increased responsibilities and salary opportunities for a demonstrated high performer. The role reports to a local expat as well as overseas-based expat owners. It will suit someone who is passionate and interested in manufacturing, engineering and/or procurement/sourcing. Or preferably all 3!
See www.sevco.com for more information on our company and the products/industries we are active in.
1. Responsible for managing a team of sourcing professionals overseeing Sevco's sourcing and purchasing functions in mainland China. Currently this comprises 4 direct reports but is anticipated to continue growing in 2022.
2. This role will suit someone with previous China sourcing experience who is skilled at identifying and managing procurement risks as well as identifying and exploiting opportunities. If you have previous team leadership experience and/or a strong knowledge of mechanical product manufacturing, even better! Previous NPI/NPD project management experience will also be viewed favourably.
3. Strong English language ability (both written and spoken) will be necessary for your success in this role, as the role is a key communication link between our China operations and our overseas sales teams (and company owners).
1. Manage the day-to-day and long-term tasks and priorities of the sourcing team.
2. Build up and improve internal company processes to drive better performance in key areas (customer conversion rate, profit margin, COGS, product quality, lead times, etc.
3. Get involved in the existing direct spend in China to ensure an efficient supply chain with our manufacturing partners.
4. Reporting regularly to the company owners on the status of projects and open purchase orders with suppliers.
5. Acting as a key communication channel between our overseas staff and the local team in China.
6. Take on some communications with our customers in regards to project/order status and issue follow-up.
Candidate Minimum Requirements:
1. Basic understanding of common manufacturing processes.
2. Business awareness to understand the financial and strategic impacts of procurement decisions.
3. Very high level English language ability – able to communicate confidently and clearly on technical and business topics.
4. Strong work ethic and ability to self-motivate and motivate others.
5. Ability to think critically and independently.
Nice To Have:
1. Mandarin Chinese language skills.
2. Previous experience in China sourcing, manufacturing or trading.
3. Previous team leadership experience.
1. After-tax salary between 15-20k RMB per month (depending candidate's experience level). Opportunities for salary increases with demonstrated performance.
2. Annual bonus paid at Chinese New Year (up to one month's salary, pro rata, based on performance)
3. 5 day working week
More details will be provided to candidates during the recruitment process.
- Company type:
- Recruiter Type: Employer
- Industry type: Trading/Import & Export
Sevco works with factories across China to develop and produce high quality mechanical components for our customers across the world. In 2020 we exported 3.95 million products to countries all over the world! We are dynamic & responsive to our customer's demands and are always seeking to take our business to the next level.
- Current Location: Guangzhou China