Academic Vice Principal for Shenzhen
The Vice Principal/Dean of Academics at International School supervises all aspects of student learning and teacher development at the school. They direct or are involved in all academic endeavors of the school working closely with the Head of School to
assure continuation of school mission and vision.
1. Levels: Grade 9 to 12
2. Starting Date: Oct 2021
3. International School
4. Location: Shenzhen, China (Located right next to Hong Kong).
Salary and Benefits:
1. Salary Range: RMB 30,000 to 50,000 per month (before tax)
3. Free Housing/Housing Allowance
4. Worldwide Health Insurance
5. Moving/Settling allowance
6. Free Lunch
Note: all cash payments are subject to Chinese taxation as per government regulations.
• USA or Canada citizen Only
• Master's and/or earned doctorate in an education-related field
• Administrator license/certificate
• Minimum of 3 or more years classroom teaching experience.
• 3 or more years in a campus level management position.
• Working knowledge of educational laws and regulations in relationship to
policies, curriculum and instruction and governance.
• Working knowledge of Common Core and its individual components.
• Experienced in mentoring teachers.
• Working knowledge of secondary graduation requirements for
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Working knowledge of the United States educational model and how it differs from the Chinese educational model.
• Able to use statistics and accounting procedures to produce data reports for use in tracking student achievement.
• Possesses a strong personal work ethic.
• Experienced with recruiting teaching staff.
• Ability to train and develop new teaching staff in classroom teaching,
curriculum, instruction, and classroom management skills.
• Document all program planning, policies, procedures, practices, and
logistics to ensure quality control and sustainability.
• Structure and monitor outcome measures and evaluation procedures for
• Prepare and monitor program budgets.
• Perform additional duties designated by Head of School/Principal to achieve success of programs and meet the mission of the campus.
• Ability to develop and implement programs related to the campus’
mission, vision, and philosophy.
• Proven experience in developing curriculum for innovative programming.
• Strong facilitation and group leadership skills.
• A familiarity with and understanding of issues of diversity and inclusion,
with knowledge of how those issues are particularly navigated on international campuses with an “American” curriculum model.
• Experience working in a leadership capacity with diverse groups.
• The ability to conceive, develop, and complete tasks without close
• Good organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Strong presentation, oral, and written communication skills.
• An understanding of human relations programming assessment and measurement tools.
• Computer competency and proficiency in Windows/Microsoft Office environment.
• Willingness and flexibility to engage in student recruitment efforts.
- Company type:
- Recruiter Type: Employer
- Industry type: Education/Training/Universities & Colleges
Can-Achieve established a new business unit named CanGoChina in 2017, which specializes in international talents recruitment, mainly foreign teachers and management positions. We have more than 300 partner schools in all around China now. Their faculty positions have been filled through our professional assistance every year. CanGoChina offers the candidates totally free service in their overseas job-hunting. We also help them on their overseas career development and visa.
Utilizing Can-Achieve’s vast resources and working closely with the headquarter on this broadening global strategy, CanGoChina recruits only high-quality teaching talents directly from U.S., Canada, U.K., Australia, New Zealand, Ireland and South Africa, and prepares teachers for future teaching careers in China with academic appraisal, pre-departure training and on-going support. CanGoChina is committed to bridge the world with China, and our ultimate vision is to foster global citizenship and provide quality education on a global scale.
- Current Location: Beijing China
- Address: Jianwai SOHO