The premium service consultant role will be responsible for assessment and study plan design for students, managing clients and communicating with parents/schools, and support relevant marketing activities etc.
Assessment/Study Plan design:
• Assess students’ academic ability, English ability and general ambitions.
• Evaluate their personality and hobbies.
• Speak to parents to get a full picture on the child, their long-term aims for their child, and their general study abroad plan.
• Ultimately learn to choose suitable target schools to meet parents’ expectations and child’s ability.
• Create a study plan to help students achieve their targets.
• Guide and motivate students to keep them on track for their study plans.
• Organize short-term tuition in UK/China or US/China based on requirements you have for them and outline for tutors.
• Continually check and track progress of students via communication with schools/tutors and adjust study plan as necessary.
• Keep in touch with students even when they are overseas just to insure their continued progress.
• Help students write up personal statements
• Check students’ progress by monitoring their work – provide feedback and adjust tuition if needed.
Communication with Parents:
• Inform parents of their children progress
• Explain your suggestions/study plans to parents
• Understand and manage parents’ expectations
• Help manage parents' concerns/ requirements/issues once child is abroad.
• Keep parents aware of any worries/concerns you may have and keep them generally happy.
Communication with Schools:
• Keep in touch with schools' overseas to track students' progress and keep an eye on issues
• Request regular reports from the schools/guardians
• Request additional support and help whenever needed from schools
• Build up relationships with schools – this helps in the long-run for SA and all premium clients.
• Try to build up exclusive relationships with schools
• Often, we accompany students/parents to the UK / US for interviews/tests or simply for school selection purposes.
• For students the idea is to keep them focused, positive and well-trained up for interviews – we do practice sessions in-between visits.
• For parents we largely do translations and provide help in terms of understanding how the schools work, their advantages/disadvantages etc.
• Delivering presentations on various topics for potential clients.
• Writing articles about schools, issues faced by clients/students etc. for our schools’ guide and website.
• Writing up success stories of students
• Represent the company at events/dinners/galas we are invited to attend.
CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS & SKILLS
• Spoken Chinese - Preferred
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work within a small team on a project.
• Ability to communicate effectively with children.
• Good understanding of the UK/US education system
• Strong work ethic – willing to work weekends/evenings.
• Passion for education and passion for changing kids’ lives.
• Resourceful nature
• Strong sense of initiative
• British/American National
• Knowledge and understanding of boarding schools in UK /US
- Company type:
- Recruiter Type: Employer
- Industry type: Education/Training/Universities & Colleges
BE Education was founded in 2003, The Headquarter is located in Shanghai, and there are branches in Beijing, Chengdu and Shenzhen. We have more than 100 excellent and talented employees.
BE offers a suite of programs, all of which share the same core values of integrity, expertise, and aspiration for excellence. Our programs are designed to complement each other and focus on offering ways for Chinese students to access international education.
Education Consulting and Summer Programs
BE Education Consulting helps students access to top international schools abroad. In addition, BE Education Consulting provides ancillary services, including student assessment, personal statement counseling, and progress tracking. BE operates proprietary summer programs which are hosted at top schools, colleges, and universities, including Harvard, MIT, Eton College, and Charterhouse.
Oxford International Colleges of China
BE develops and manages Oxford International Colleges of China (OIC). These exclusive English-language boarding high schools are aimed at Chinese nationals.
OIC offers a rigorous British A-levels curriculum and aims to place graduates into top English-language universities throughout the world. OIC immerses students in international education and prepares them for life overseas.
BE has the cooperation with Hurun with the international education guides that are considered to be the authoritative source for information about foreign schools, colleges, and universit
- Current Location: Shanghai China
- Address: Suite 02A-05, 9/F, Yueda 889 Center, 1111 Changshou Road, Shanghai, 200042, China