Main duties and responsibilities to include:
• reviewing curriculum needs and, in consultation with other staff and the Senior Management, choose courses that are appropriate to the needs of our students;
• Involved in the development of agreed schemes of work for all year groups;
• Attending regular meetings of Kindergarten staff at which curriculum planning, student progress, and teaching and learning needs should be discussed and good practice can be shared;
• Participation in professional review interviews and regular lesson observations as agreed within the IB Coordinator and Principal;
• Participating in the development and monitoring of Kindergarten targets
• working with other teachers to develop policies and to ensure that existing policies are implemented effectively and are in line with the directives of the PRC and the regional education authorities of the Baoshan district;
• thorough planning, preparation and clear presentation of lessons;
• initiating, facilitating and moderating classroom discussions;
• evaluating and grading students’ work, giving appropriate feedback and maintaining records of students’ progress and development;
• researching new topic areas, maintaining up-to-date subject knowledge, and devising and writing new curriculum materials;
• selecting and using a range of different learning resources and equipment;
• managing student behaviour in the classroom and on campus premises;
• participating in regular staff meetings, school training events, observation and professional review in order to maximise the quality of personal teaching;
• writing regular, informative and individual reports on students;
• promoting the general well-being of students and communicating with the personal tutor responsible;
• participating in and organising extracurricular activities as appropriate and as required by Senior Management;
• complying with policies and procedures, including those relating to Safeguarding and Child Protection, Health and Safety, Welfare, Smoking in the Workplace, Security, Confidentiality and Data Protection, and reporting any concerns.
• Native speaker with bachelor’s degree in education(preferred);
• TEFL certificate with 120 hours;
• a formal teaching qualification at least 2 years teaching experience;
• experience of overseas teaching or of teaching international students an advantage.
Shanghai Happykids Bilingual Kindergarten
- Company type:
- Recruiter Type: Employer
- Industry type: Education/Training/Universities & Colleges
Shanghai Happykids Kindergarten is an IB World School，a high-end bilingual kindergarten located at No. 218, Lane 2488, Wenchuan Road, Baoshan District, Shanghai (Haide Mingmen Community). The campus covers an area of 3,500 square meters. It is another masterpiece from Haiwang Education Group after the foundation of Hangzhou Future Science and Technology City Kindergarten. Happykids Kindergarten will perfectly inherit the advantages and characteristics of the Hangzhou Future District Kindergarten. With the concept of to promote harmonious development of mind and body, and inspire unlimited potential, Happykids Kindergarten offers bilingual classes and uses problem-based inquiry method as the core educational method. The curriculum covers the five fields of health, language, society, science and art, and integrates them into all teaching sections to cultivate children's learning ability, independent ability, social skills and creativity to help children smoothly enter the primary school stage.
As a trusted brand rooted in the local preschool education industry in Shanghai for nearly 20 years, Happykids has continuously absorbed excellent educational concepts and teaching methods, accompanying the children in Shanghai to grow up with quality teaching and warm care.
Excellent Chinese and foreign teachers will create a rich and diverse cultural environment. We encourage children to explore on their own, and thus lay a good foundation for them to meet the future challenges.
- Current Location: Shanghai China
- Address: No. 218, Lane 2488, Wenchuan Road, Baoshan District, Shanghai