Start date: August 2022
Location: Putuo District, Shanghai
The Primary Homeroom Teacher helps design, implement and administer student programs and services appropriate to the needs of students and consistent with the values and teaching styles of Thomas School. He/she contributes to creating and maintaining a learning culture, enabling students to become enthusiastic, independent learners. He/she sets and demands high standards of learning, teaching, and student attainment.
Primary Homeroom Teacher is expected to teach PE. The primary Homeroom Teacher should also be involved as an Assistant Classroom Teacher role that helps Chinese teachers with assembly, parents meeting, classroom management, etc.
Primary Homeroom Teacher at Thomas School will:
- oversee all aspects of primary classes' academic and pastoral provision;
- set and mark homework according to the school’s policies;
- contribute to the provision of extracurricular activities, of formal cultural exposure, including stimulating educational trips and enrichment events, and all sport-related curricular and extracurricular programmes;
- implement procedures for recording student progress, to include progress-tracking systems, and for reporting progress to parents;
- implement a system of positive discipline;
- implement mechanisms for psychological assistance to students, as appropriate.
- implement morning and evening study duties if needed;
• Bachelor’s degree or above in a relevant major;
• Relevant subject majors or teaching credentials preferred;
• Minimum 2 years’ verifiable subject teaching experience;
• Working experience in K-12 school( preferred);
• Good team player and solid communication skills;
• Native English speaker;
• Cross cultural awareness;
• Experiences teaching ESL students.
• Competitive salary commensurate with experience and overall qualifications（22K-35K RMB before tax）
• Free, fully furnished on-campus dormitory( or housing allowance )
• $1,200 international airfare allowance
• Work Permit sponsorship
• Medical check and visa fees coverage
• Comprehensive medical insurance
• Paid national holidays
• Free school placement for dependent children
• Opportunities for professional development
Ambright Education Group
- Company type:
- Recruiter Type: Employer
- Industry type: Education/Training/Universities & Colleges
Ambright Education Group is very proud to be one of the first two institutions that introduced United States Advanced Placement (AP) courses to China in 2008. Currently, the Ambright Education Group has established 11 American High School Programs (AHSP) with local elite high schools in Eastern and Central China.
In addition, Ambright Education Group also established three international schools in 2018.
- Current Location: Shanghai China
- Address: 15F, 336 Middle Xizang Road, Shanghai, China