Nacel International School System is seeking applicants to fill vacancies in our Humanities department. A full-time teacher will teach 5 academic subject content classes (4 per day) and may be asked to supervise an Activity class/club. Humanities department classes and/or clubs are varied and include but are not limited to the following: Speech, Drama, and Multimedia.”
PS: Because of the Covid we can only take teachers who are in China right now.
Typical teaching responsibilities include:
1. Plan, prepare, and deliver lessons and activities from approved course outlines and group planning sessions.
2. Organize the classroom and learning resources to create a positive learning climate that motivates students to learn.
3. Use approaches that are appropriate to student needs and interests which also cater to individual differences.
4. Use a variety of assessment approaches and processes to improve student learning.
5. Provide credible feedback to students, parents and colleagues on student progress and maintain a positive professional relationship with the parents.
6. Participate and assist in programs that promote the school curriculum, development, and implementation
7. Undertake or participate in school events, activities, and other assignments when required.
8. Work collaboratively with others to plan and coordinate work.
Speech: The primary purpose of Speech is to improve public speaking skills in a variety of settings. For each speech, topic selection, audience analysis, research, outlining, speech writing, and speech delivery will be emphasized. By the end of this course students will have improved verbal and nonverbal communication skills and will be able to successfully and confidently present speeches in a variety of real-world situations.
Drama: Drama is an introductory study of the different aspects of drama in theatre and film. Students will be studying drama appreciation with topics that include: structure of dramatic performances, evaluations of dramatic performances, playwrights, films and filmmakers, play production, improvisation, pantomime, and acting. This course will develop skills in areas such as voice control, movement, acting, writing, research, planning, and leadership. Specifically, you the student, will be involved as a creator, a performer, a historian, and a critic.
Multimedia: Class members will produce and broadcast materials throughout the year. Students will learn to use state‐of‐the‐art publishing technologies, hands‐on production tools, as well as modern photographic and video equipment. Additionally, law, ethics, media bias, and the history of journalism will complement the following major units of study: writing, interviewing, multimedia journalism, layout, and design. As the year progresses, students will become increasingly involved in project‐based activities that will allow them to apply newly acquired skills.
Saint Paul American School
- Company type:
- Recruiter Type: Employer
- Industry type: Education/Training/Universities & Colleges
Saint Paul American School is a China-U.S. international school located in Beijing, just a short walk from the beautiful Olympic Forest Park. Based on the American educational system, Saint Paul American School has established American-styled quality schools across the globe. By far, we have successfully established affiliated schools and programs in the US, China, France, Korea, Turkey, the Philippines, Poland, and Vietnam. With standard American high school educational system at its core, our programs employ original textbooks imported directly from the US and experienced American teachers. We provide customized education based on the different learning styles and preferences of foreign students and Chinese students.
- Current Location: Beijing China
- Address: Beijing, Haidian District, Qinghe, Longgang Road, Guan'aoyuan, No.18