DEEPWEAR Agency is an international team working from offices around the globe in Thailand, Australia, Portugal, US, Netherlands, UK, Turkey, China, India, France, Morocco, Indonesia, Bulgaria, and Vietnam.
We organize the buying/production/distribution/quality control & delivery of clothing and accessories for brands and boutiques from all over the world - we help businesses save time & money. The business is currently experiencing an exciting growth phase and as such is seeking a self-motivated, determined, and detail-oriented Merchandiser. In this capacity, you will manage and support this growth, as well as work closely with our management team to achieve maximum coverage and production results within given time frames.
Your role is focused on driving manufacturing projects; expanding existing business and creating new business opportunities. You will be a fast learner who comes to have a thorough understanding of all facets of the business. You will be confident in reaching production timelines and tracking productivity. You will have excellence in customer service, be able to multitask within tight deadlines, and build productive working relationships.
To be clear, there is no experience in international trade or supplier sourcing necessary. All that the directors are looking for is a confident, competent, self-starter. Somebody who preferably has some business experience and acumen, someone who is a quick learner, who has the ability to multi-task, and most of all – use common sense!
Responsibilities of Garment Merchandiser
Generally speaking, the position of merchandiser is responsible to direct and oversee the development of product lines in their market from start to finish, being the responsibility of the merchandiser to coordinate with the corresponding agent and instruct the corresponding suppliers on the specifications and instructions of buyer’s orders clearly.
This includes all the responsibilities from sourcing to finishing i.e. first sample onwards, till shipment.
Even a small oversight, mistake, or deviation of instruction may create big problems. Sometimes, they may not be correctable. Hence all the instructions are to be double-checked and clearly informed to the manufacturer and repeated to prevent misunderstanding. Our motto is prevention is better than cure.
A Merchandisers key responsibility and desired Skills:
● You are fluent in the Local Country Language, well-spoken and written English.
● Identify prospective suppliers by using business directories.
● Establish a good business relationship with potential suppliers locally and within other power manufacturing countries
● Contact new and existing suppliers to discuss their skills and possibilities and explain how they can collaborate with DEEPWEAR.
● Interview supplier/manufacturer and visit factories and distribution centers to examine and learn about products, services and prices provided.
● Report all of the above to manage and update all obtained info into Insightly.
● Understanding of Product Development
● Ability and confidence in Selling the concept to manufacturers
● Placing Orders
● Confirming Deliveries
● Ability to explain technical pack of Design and Sampling requirements
● Strong Costing & negotiating skills
● Raw Material understanding
● Workflow Monitoring ability
● Production Follow-Ups
● Payments Follow login and following
● Internal & external communication,
● Sampling process knowledge
● Trims and fabric - Lab dips to present to clients
● Preparing internal order sheets
● Preparing purchase orders
● Advising and assisting production,
● Advising quality department about the quality level
● Mediating production and quality departments
● Giving shipping instructions and the following shipping,
● Helping documentation department
● Taking responsibility for inspections and following up on the shipment
● Help customers via an agent to select products based on the customers' needs, product specifications, and regulations.
● Give emphasis to product features based on analyses of customers' needs and on the technical knowledge of product capabilities and limitations.
● Answer customers' questions about prices, availability, product uses, or anything they need within 24 hours to the corresponding agent.
● Analyze price proposals, financial reports, and other information to determine reasonable prices.
● Research and evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, reliability, production and distribution capabilities, supplier's renown, and history.
● Strong costing and price negotiation.
● Strong understanding of product development and ability and confidence in selling the concept to manufacturers.
● ability to explain technical requirements.
● Purchase the highest quality merchandise at the lowest possible price and incorrect amounts.
● Confirm delivery deadlines.
● Oversee and support the production from the beginning to the end, the designs and make a quality control on each step of the production.
● Provide purchasing planning and control information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data.
● Supervise the making up of samples.
● Obtain purchased items by forwarding orders to suppliers; monitor and expedite orders.
● Meet with the manufacturer to discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services and determine corrective action.
● Arrange the packing list, shipment documentation, and freight charges.
● Monitor shipments to ensure that goods arrive on time and, in case of problems, trace shipments and follow undelivered goods up.
● Verify receipt of items by comparing items received to items ordered; resolves shipments in error with suppliers.
● Highlight and make sure the manufacturer respects quality level - Take responsibility during inspections.
● Authorize payment for purchases by forwarding receiving documentation.
● Evaluate and monitor contracts to be sure that vendors and suppliers comply with the terms and conditions of the contract and to determine the need for changes.
● Maintain and review records of bought items, costs, deliveries, product performances, and inventories.
● Collaborate with colleagues to exchange information, such as selling strategies and marketing information.
● Negotiate, or renegotiate, and administer contracts with suppliers, vendors, and other representatives
● Create and develop a positive and professional relationship with suppliers and other relevant contacts.
● Keep information accessible by sorting and filing documents.
● Register in Insightly every supplier and manufacturer’s contacts.
● Attend meetings, trade shows, conferences, conventions, and seminars to network with people in the industry and new factories.
● Source new and innovative factories on a constant basis.
● Regularly seek ways to add value to the client/agency relationship.
● Other duties may arise from time to time and will be assigned to the employee.
Culture & Business Growth
● Liaise with the Directors & Operations Manager to improve & expedite the projects under your control.
● Motivate your overseas colleagues to achieve high standards of performance;
● Support the introduction of new business;
● Perpetuate a positive, proactive, team-based culture within the operations team through regular and effective communications,
● Liaise with suppliers and organizations for any requirements.
● Oversee production practices with a hands-on approach;
● Being a part of a dynamic, fun, creative environment that is on a strong growth path
● Fully immersed in international trade/business experience
● Learn an entire suite of essential business skills & develop your acumen astutely
● International expansion opportunities
● International travel opportunities
● The bonus incentive program, performance-based
● A very diverse range of enjoyable industry-specific experiences in the fashion industry our client base is extremely broad and interesting.
● Training and development opportunities with genuine career advancement opportunities
● Close collaboration with management and directory with an international mindset
● We are looking for an optimistic & passionate project/account manager who will grow with the company, who has strategic problem-solving qualities, and has an active hands-on approach to working closely with front-line operations.
The successful applicant who is offered this challenging and rewarding position will be provided with ongoing training and support and will be surrounded by a high-energy team. They will be provided with an attractive remuneration package based on their skills, qualifications, and experience.