UC Davis Summer Programs 2022 @ China | Hangzhou, Suzhou & Shanghai Job Description for Program Instructors
We are looking to hire expatriate teachers to teach at the UC summer programs in China this summer. These programs are from UC Davis, operated by Gowell Education. UC Davis is a top 5 public university in the U.S (2021 Wall Street Journal / Times Higher Education College Rankings).
UC Davis’ U.S. College Study Skills Program, credit bearing
Gowell Education has been bringing Chinese students to UC Davis’ on-campus programs since 2017. Its flagship program is the U.S. College Study Skills course that offers 2 academic credits with a 8 to 10-day course, for students as young as high school freshmen. Since last summer, we are offering this program on-location in China, with students being taught by UC Davis instructors online typically in the morning, with in-person, native English teachers supplementing and extending the course curriculum.
Lesson plans and content are provided and all instructors will have accounts into the UC Davis Canvas LMS. The sessions taught by this in-person instructor will be more activity and discussion-based. We strive to work with instructors who espouse the friendly and nurturing culture of UC Davis. Bilingual teaching assistants will also be available to provide additional support.
Locations & Dates
July 10 – July 23, 2022 (weekends off)
Hangzhou Greentown Yuhua School
July 31 - Aug 9, 2022
Suzhou North America High School
Shanghai (pending restrictions)
Aug 5 - Aug 14
North America International School
• While students will have 2 hours of live, online lectures with UC Davis instructors each morning, the in-person instructor will serve as the main point of interaction for the students
• This in-person instructor will support students with activity and discussion-focused classroom learning, following the provided lesson plans. Instructors do have the flexibility to teach lesson materials using their own approach.
• Work with program coordinators and UC Davis instructors on coordinating the teaching work and reporting on the progress of students. Flag any particular issues that may arise.
• Provide feedback on students at the end of the program
Gowell Education, 13th Floor, 246 Des Voeux Road West, Hong Kong
Hours of teaching
3-4 hours per day of classroom instruction, mostly activities and discussion-based. However, we expect that this instructor will be around (but with no need to actively teach) during the 2 hours of lectures in the morning, so to be aware of the classroom experience.
Class size Around 20 Course Information
• Understanding what kind of learner we are
• Time Management
• Getting Organized
• Collaborative Learning
• Effective Notetaking
• Speed Reading
• Essay Writing, including citations
• Oral Presentations
Preparing for University
• Writing one’s ‘Personal Insight’ prompts (from the UC Applications)
• Presentation on one’s ‘dream college’
• The university landscape in the U.S.
Requirements & Compensation
Qualifications & Experience
• Native English-speaking teacher
• Bachelors or Masters degree. Teaching qualifications preferred
• Existing teaching experience at an international school in China
Additional Recognition Room & Board
• RMB1,500 per day, for each working day
• Lunch is provided
Instructors will receive UC Davis certificates of participation
This can be provided on campus, with preference for candidates who are teaching at more
Xudashan Consulting Co.ltd
- Company type:
- Recruiter Type: Agent
- Industry type: Education/Training/Universities & Colleges
We are recruiting native English speaker teachers for more than 200 schools in 51 cities around China ,we have been in the recruiting business for 11 years .
- Current Location: Other cities China
- Address: No,30 Wuyachang ,Suzhou,China