We are currently taking applications for the Thomas Schools of China in Jinan. We are seeking professional K-12 teachers for the 2023-2024 academic year.
The Thomas Schools of China, a group of K-12 schools, modeled on the curriculum, pedagogy and philosophy of the Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology in Virginia, United States, combine the finest of traditional Chinese culture with the core values from the leading high school for STEM education in the US.
The Primary Homeroom Teacher helps design, implement and administer student programs and services appropriate to the needs of students and consistent with the values and teaching styles of Jinan Thomas School. He/she contributes to creating and maintaining a learning culture, enabling students to become enthusiastic, independent learners. He/she sets and demands high standards of learning, teaching, and student attainment.
Primary Homeroom Teacher is expected to teach the full curriculum which includes numeracy, literacy, science and humanities topics. Some subjects such as PE, Music and Art in the older primary years, will be taught by specialist teachers .
Primary Homeroom Teacher at Jinan Thomas School will:
- oversee all aspects of primary classes' academic and pastoral provision;
- set and mark homework according to the school’s policies;
- contribute to the provision of extracurricular activities, of formal cultural exposure, including stimulating educational trips and enrichment events, and all sport-related curricular and extracurricular programmes;
- implement procedures for recording student progress, to include progress-tracking systems, and for reporting progress to parents;
- implement a system of positive discipline;
- implement mechanisms for psychological assistance to students, as appropriate.
• Bachelor’s degree or above in a relevant major;
• Relevant subject majors or teaching credentials preferred;
• Minimum 2 years’ verifiable subject teaching experience;
• Working experience in K-12 school( preferred);
• Good team player and solid communication skills;
• Native English speaker;
• Cross cultural awareness;
• Experiences teaching ESL students.
• Competitive salary commensurate with experience and overall qualifications
• Free, fully furnished western-style apartment( or housing allowance )
• $1,200 international airfare allowance
• Work Permit sponsorship
• Medical check and visa fees coverage
• Comprehensive medical insurance
• Paid national holidays
• Free school placement for dependent children
• Opportunities for professional development
- Recruiter Type:
- Current Location:
Ambright Education Group is very proud to be one of the first two institutions that introduced United States Advanced Placement (AP) courses to China in 2008. Currently, the Ambright Education Group has established 11 American High School Programs (AHSP) with local elite high schools in Eastern and Central China.
In addition, Ambright Education Group also established three international schools in 2018.
- Address: 15F, 336 Middle Xizang Road, Shanghai, China
Ambright Education Group
15F, 336 Middle Xizang Road, Shanghai, China