Our ideal candidate is expected to have a good command of EAP and ESAP, proven university teaching skills, along with relevant professional experience in the following areas:
1. Being familiar with a systematic EAP teaching in: reading, writing, listening, and speaking.
2. Improve students' English proficiency under a given syllabus and curriculum, at the same time implementing explicit and practical courses design.
3. Planning, delivering, and critically reviewing a range of teaching and assessment activities according to students' levels.
4. Promptly marking and grading coursework, proctoring examinations, and providing appropriate feedback to students according to marking rubrics.
5. Providing regular consultation and other extra-curricular support (academic guidance and advice) for students.
6. Proactively participating in peer review and academic promoting initiatives.
1. MA/PhD in TESOL or ELT or Applied Linguistics or recognized Diploma Level EFL qualification, e.g. DELTA, CELTA, TEFLand/or specific qualification in Teaching English for Academic purposes (Desirable)
2. Experience in teaching in higher education or Advanced Placement level is preferred.
3. Lecturers should normally have three to five (at least two) years of teaching experience.
4. Knowledge of the quality assurance process in higher education.
5. Ability to work with minimum supervision, maintain effective communication with colleagues and use initiative to resolve problems or find information.
6. An understanding of how effective pedagogy can enhance the student experience.
- Recruiter Type:
- Current Location:
Dongbei University of Finance & Economics (DUFE), founded in 1952, is one of the leading universities in China in the areas of finance, economics, management, and tourism.
As one of the first business schools to start internationally cooperative education programs in China, International Business College of DUFE was founded in 2002 to achieve the University's educational objective of High Standards and Internationalization. It shoulders a mission of promoting and advancing the full-scale internationalization of DUFE's education and is seeking suitable candidates for undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and research.