Job role: PYP Coordinator
School type: K-12 International School
Onboard time: August 2023
• Be familiar with and promote understanding and use of all PYP documents.
• Ensure that copies of IB publications pertaining to the PYP section of the school are available to all staff members.
• Establish and maintain a record of completed IB Primary Years Programme planners.
• Publish the school’s programme of inquiry.
• Lead the process of developing or reviewing on a regular basis the school’s curriculum documents, including the programme of inquiry and scope and sequence documents.
• Ensure that policies are formulated, published and reviewed regularly in regards to assessment and language learning as per Programme standards and practices.
• Encourage and promote the understanding and practice of academic honesty.
• Ensure the development of an action plan driven by the practices and programme requirements included in the Programme standards and practices and identifying clear time lines, accountabilities and outcomes regarding the ongoing development of the programme, including demonstrating a commitment to professional development.
• Maintain the archive of PYP records from one year to the next, including the exhibition.
• Ensure that the document entitled General regulations: Primary Years Programme (2011) is supplied to parents/legal guardians (available through the IB public website, IBIS and IB HeadNet).
• Ensure that the document entitled Rules for IB World Schools: Primary Years Programme (2011) is shared with relevant staff (available through the IB public website, IBIS and IB HeadNet).
• Ensure that staff members are made aware of professional development opportunities.
• Make recommendations regarding professional development opportunities, on and off campus as well as online workshop offerings that ensures the participant's eligibility for IB workshop or event.
• Keep a record of workshop attendance and school visits to ensure equality of opportunity to identify ongoing needs, and to complete authorization and programme evaluation forms.
• Assist teams or individuals in developing and documenting units of inquiry and individual student inquiries.
• Support the teachers responsible for, and the students involved in, the PYP exhibition in the final year of the programme
• Make recommendations for the purchase of suitable resources to support the implementation of the programme.
• Be responsible for the establishment of an inventory of resources to facilitate efficient collaboration.
• Ensure that all requirements of the IB concerning the implementation of the programme are adhered to.
• Set up systems for communication and collaboration among all staff members involved in implementing the programme.
• Conduct parent information sessions.
• Publish articles pertaining to the programme in the school newsletter.
• Circulate all relevant information received from the IB and ensure that teachers and other staff are kept up to date with current developments in the programme.
• Prepare and submit any documentation required for authorization and evaluation.
• Respond to requests for information (for example, questionnaires) from the IB.
• Provide a liaison between the school and the IB.
• Create and maintain OCC accounts for PYP staff in school.
• Provide outreach to the wider PYP community through OCC discussion forums, email and hosting visits from other schools.
• Promote the use of the OCC within the school community.
• Recommend exemplary teachers to participate in curriculum development meetings.
• RMB30,000-40,000/month base salary(before tax),open to negotiate for excellent candidates
• RMB3,500-4,0000/month housing allowance
• Free tuition for two kids
• Paid winter, summer, Christmas holiday and all Chinese public holiday
• Air ticket reimbursement
• Free tuition for two kids
• Relocation allowance
- Recruiter Type:
- Current Location:
Shanghai Ashly Information Consulting Co., Ltd. is a professional headhunting company dedicated to providing high-quality recruitment services for foreign talents in China's K-12 international schools. Guided by the principles of truth-seeking, pragmatism, equality, and efficiency, we have successfully recommended hundreds of professional foreign teaching and management talents to international or private schools nationwide. We have received consistent praise from employers and foreign individuals, earning recognition within the industry. In the future, we will continue to strive for innovation and excellence, providing professional and high-quality services to schools and foreign talents.
- Address: 7th Floor, Room717, No.68 Yuyuan Road, Jing'an District, Shanghai