This position is for Feburary 2024 recruitment.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
• Being actively involved in reviewing curriculum needs, attending regular subject meetings at which curriculum planning, student progress and teaching and learning needs are discussed and good practice shared;
• thorough planning, preparation and clear presentation of lessons;
• initiating, facilitating and moderating classroom discussions;
• evaluating and grading course work, giving appropriate feedback and maintaining records of students' progress and development;
• selecting and using a range of different learning resources and equipment;
• preparing students for qualifications, including external examinations and university entry papers as required;
• managing student behavior in the classroom and on school premises;
• participating in regular departmental meetings, teacher professional development sessions, observation and professional review process in order to maximiser the quality of teaching;
• using the school database effectively;
• writing regular, informative and individual reports on students;
• taking part in school open days and student recruitment activities organized by the school and interviewing potential students;
• complying with policies and procedures, including those relating to Safeguarding and Child Protection, Health and Safety, Welfare, Smoking in the Workplace, Security, Confidentiality and Data Protection, and reporting any concerns.
Hours of Work
Teachers are expected to deliver average maximum 24 Periods per week, 45 minutes each Period. Normal working hours are expected to be 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday to Friday, early release on Friday at 4:00 p.m. If a teacher is required to deliver Period 1, he/she needs to arrive at school at 7:40 am.
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree
• A recognized teaching qualification for the required age range (e.g. B.Ed., Trinity Cert TESOL, CELTA, PGCE)
• English native speaker;
• Minimum five years’ English teaching experience and the capability of teaching English to all age groups 14-18;
• Familiar with US and UK curriculum
• Ability to communicate with students, colleagues and parents, and to build strong relationships with all members of the school community;
• Ability to work collaboratively;
• Familiarity with various teaching resources including, where appropriate, digital tools to support and enhance teaching and learning;
• Sensitivity to the cultural differences found in China and the willingness to develop and maintain a cross cultural approach to work;
• A willingness and commitment to contribute fully to the life of the students and school beyond the academic day, including active participation in the academic enrichment and co-curricular programmes
- Recruiter Type:
- Current Location:
Shanghai Huaer Zizhu Academy is located in Minhang District of Shanghai municipality. As a subsidiary of Zizhu International Education park, which is co-established by Minhang District Government and Shanghai Zizhu Hi-tech Zone, it offers a variety of academic programs, including IGCSE, A-LEVEL, IBDP and US high school program. The school now has more than 1300 students and an international teaching team of more than 200 teachers.
- Address: A09, 155 Tanjiatang Road, Minhang District, Shanghai