This is a new position on a new campus, scheduled to open in the last quarter of 2024, with a strong growth ambition of up to 5,000 students in the next 10 years.
The Academic Principal is responsible for: 1/ undergraduate and graduate program planning and development 2/overseeing the overall academic integrity and delivery of the institution on the Shanghai campus 3/ student academic progress and satisfaction 4/ hiring, managing and developing faculty to achieve institutional goals.
The Academic Principal drives excellence in teaching, managing and learning through pedagogical innovations and solutions incorporating new technology, online, and blended options.
As part of the leadership team, the Academic Principal works in close collaboration with his/her colleagues at the School’s leadership level, program directors and faculty. He/she is a leader and team player with strong problem solving and communications skills, combined with an in-depth understanding of the academic world in the hospitality domain.
• Foster a culture and an environment conducive to academic excellence, respect, and trust in accordance with the brand/campus spirit and values.
• Develop, communicate, and promote the school strategy and program portfolio.
• Be responsible for teaching and learning activities on the campus, managing his/her team and his/her budget.
• Hire, onboard, develop and allocate faculty into graduate and post-graduate programs. Teach if appropriate.
• Lead and manage a team of faculty to achieve the planning, delivery, quality, and development of the program; provide leadership in his/her area of expertise to the entire academic community.
• Develop, monitor, improve and run state of the art undergraduate and graduate programs.
• Network actively with the hospitality industry to seek external expertise, provide guest speakers for the programs and potential employers for students.
• Communicate effectively with all involved stakeholders.
• Ensure supervisory activities such as:
Create and update semester work plans based on the workload model.
Monitor execution of activities indicated in faculty work plans.
Ensure ongoing professional development of faculty.
Engage faculty in the annual performance appraisal process and conduct annual performance evaluations.
Approve availability for professional development, scholarship, and emerging projects.
• Regarding student management:
Manage student induction and liaison with others involved in this.
Coordinate testing for new students
Manage student discipline within the academic policies of the school.
Ensure student support and guidance.
Promote and evaluate student centred learning approach, champion the use of appropriate teaching technology and ensure a seamless student academic experience.
enhance student employability.
• Participate in
External marketing, open days, public relations, relationship with companies, student recruitment activities to promote and develop the program.
Student admission activities.
• Ph.D. in a business-related discipline, alternatively a Master of Business Administration or equivalent degree with significant industry experience
• Min 8 years of managerial experience in the field of education at university level and business
• Min 3 years teaching experience
• Demonstrated leadership skills and impact in an academic setting.
• Pragmatic and entrepreneurial.
• Teaching qualification
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and fluency in spoken and written English.
• Demonstrated ability to work with multicultural teams and in an international environment.
• Highly developed interpersonal and stakeholder management skills.
- Recruiter Type:
- Current Location:
Mountain Kingston Bilingual School Suzhou (MKBS) is a school founded by Mountain Education Group and is the exclusive authorized school in China for Kingston Grammar School in the UK, one of the most successful co-educational schools in the UK. MKBS and Kingston Grammar School serve as a global academic base for each other. MKBS is a K-12 private bilingual school located near Shanghai in Xiangcheng District, Suzhou, Jiangsu Province, China.
MKBS covers an area of 100 acres, with a building area of 70865 square meters and a total investment of 1 billion RMB. The school has a beautiful environment and has been listed on the "2022 Hurun Hundred Schools · China International School Beautiful Campus Top 20" list, ranking third in China and first in Jiangsu Province. The architectural design of the school adheres to the core spirit of openness, sharing, and communication, based on the principle of "learner centered", so that the campus architecture and various functions meet the needs of the school's curriculum teaching, and achieve the implicit curriculum function of promoting students' physical and mental development in the campus environment. For the selection and construction of teaching hardware, the school adheres to the people-oriented concept, and adopts hardware that conforms to ergonomic design. The indoor CO ₂ concentration adjustment and filtration system, as well as the acoustooptic design, are highly user-friendly.
MKBS is based on the National Basic Curriculum, combined with the high-quality education system of Kingston Grammar School, and takes into account the diverse and personalized needs of students, comprehensively building a global model of high-quality bilingual schools. There are three major series of bilingual courses in MKBS, namely basic courses, extended courses, and customized courses. MKBS regards "people-oriented and future-oriented curriculum" as its teaching philosophy, believing that future education needs to give children trust, challenge, and liberal education. The purpose is to emphasize children's comprehensive development, cultivate their autonomy, and lay a solid foundation for lifelong learning.
- Address: email@example.com