1. Oversee story development for casual mobile game being developed for American female audience. Build upon our game world, encompassing characters, lore, and locales, developing these according to player feedback and direction from designers.
2. Create game characters, using your storytelling skills to describe their personalities, backgrounds, and connections to other characters. Also play a part in designing their appearance.
3. Write scenarios to be developed into animations and actual gameplay based on requirements communicated by design team.
4. Write story scripts that describe characters’ behavior and speech to provide designers with a proposed real-time account of game narrative.
5. Prepare detailed textual and photographic descriptions of locales to be used for game levels.
6. Communicate with design team regularly to clarify ongoing story requirements. Alter plot, character, action, and dialogue to fit rapidly changing requirements.
7. Assist in designing the image of the main buildings in the game.
8. Assist in designing the music and sound effects in the game.
1. Writing portfolio or draft of novel, novella, screenplay, teleplay, stage play, visual novel, graphic novel, or other narrative-driven work. Any published works are a plus.
2. Extensive understanding of American pop culture with particular regard for TV & film dramas consumed by American women.
3. Interest in and wide familiarity with history of the Western world (particularly 17th and 18th centuries), Caribbean culture, the Golden Age of Piracy, and the Age of Sail in general.
4. Rich imagination, strong storytelling ability, good knowledge of traditional culture, and sensitivity to popular culture, particularly as observed, created, and enjoyed by Western women.
5. Diligent, dedicated, and willing to continually communicate with design team to clarify changing story requirements.
6. Must enjoy and be familiar with casual mobile games played by women.
7. Experience as a screenwriter or game narrative designer preferred.
8. Have an English native level and have lived in an English-speaking country for more than ten years.
Job type: Full-time on-site position
Location: SHANGHAI, Loushanguan Rd Line 2 Metro Station
Work Visa: Provided
Salary: 18k-25k RMB (or more depending on experience)
Working hours: Monday to Friday 10am-7pm (including one-hour break time)
- Recruiter Type:
- Current Location:
Founded in 2012, Yotta Games dedicates itself to becoming a global developer and publisher of video games. Right from the start, we have created and published more than 10 games for mobile and web, and are serving 200 million players around the world.
Yotta Games performs well and is the top 10 in the overseas mobile game field. Based on the team’s powerful R&D strength and 3D marketing ability, we will always focus on producing and promoting games loved by worldwide players.
- Address: B1, Tianshan SOHO, No. 1737 Tianshan Road, Changning District, Shanghai City