HS IB/AP Psychology Job Description
- Plan and teach lessons following the IB curricula that differentiate for individual student needs
- Use a wide range of technologies and creative teaching styles.
- Plan with colleagues to deliver effective team teaching when possible.
- Develop assessment tasks following IB/AP guidelines and use a wide range of formative assessment tools.
- Supervise IBDP extended essays.
- Attend regular curriculum planning and student progress meetings.
- Work closely with IBDP Coordinator to develop concurrency of learning across the senior school.
- Demonstrate a genuine, active interest in on-going professional development, including through participation in professional learning groups in the school, and contribute to Professional Development Programme by sharing recent research or teaching experience.
- Keep up-to-date records of attendance, curriculum, assessment tasks and assessment data in Managebac.
- Prepare student reports and references, and other reports as required.
- Keep parents informed about student progress and attending parent meetings if needed.
- Take an active part in the provision of extra-curricular activities.
- Carry out supervision at break times, lunch times and other times as required.
- Collaborate professionally with colleagues on the growth and development of academic and social programme
- Participate as required in the preparation for inspections, authorization and accreditation.
- Participate in and assist with school events as required
- Other work as assigned
-A postgraduate degree/ certification in psychology.
-Min. 2 years of IB/AP teaching experience in teaching psychology
-High level of English proficiency required
-Good interpersonal skills and personality
-Responsible and collaborative.
-Suitable to work with children
- Monthly salary: RMB 35-42k before tax
- Full payment for winter and summer vacations
- Two-year employment contract bonus
- Free furnished apartment or housing allowance
- Reimbursement for annual round trip flights (Beijing - home country)
- Relocation fee for new staff
- Medical insurance
- Training opportunities
- Children's tuition discount
- Free Chinese lessons
- Subsidized meals at school cafeteria
- Field trips, holiday gifts, stipend or shopping cards
- Work visa application and renew
- Free access to school fitness center and swimming pool
- Recruiter Type:
- Current Location:
Beijing Royal School (BRS) is affiliated with Beijing Fa Zheng Group, which is the umbrella company for Chengdu Royal Foreign Language School, Dalian Jia Hui Education Group, Beijing Royal Integrative Medicine Hospital, and so on.
Established in 1996, Beijing Royal School (BRS) has become one of the best IB (PYP, MYP and DP) international schools in China. Apart from IB curriculum, BRS is also authorized for A-Level, A-S and IGCSE, OSSD, Pre-AP, and AP courses. In February 2021, BRS received the full 6-year Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) accreditation from the Accrediting Commission for Schools (ACS).
BRS offers K-12 education, which consists of Beijing Royal School (Senior High School), Beijing Royal Foreign Language School (Primary to Junior High School) and Beijing Royal Kindergarten. There are around 3000 students, 1000 Chinese faculty and 100 foreign teachers or so. Around 15% of the foreign teachers takes leading roles.
BRS is located in Chang Ping Dist., Beijing, China. The school enjoys convenient transportation, shopping, and medical resources such as Beijing Royal Integrative Medicine Hospital, which is around 10 minutes walking distance from BRS.
BRS provides teachers with systematic teaching training and promotion opportunities. Talents who are interested in education can realize their career dreams and value of life on the platform of BRS. We warmly welcome more education professionals to join BRS.
- Address: No. 11, Wangfu Street, Bei Qi Jia Town, Changping District, Beijing