A new international school is looking for kindergarten head in Hangzhou. The school is going to start September 2024. The position start time is later this year or early 2024. Salary and benefits are negotiable.
Job Title: Foreign Head of Kindergarten
Department: Kindergarten Division
Supervisor: Head of Kindergarten
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Childcare and Education:
1. Under the direction of the School Executive Committee, work closely with the Head of
Kindergarten to lead the process of designing the division’s childcare and educational
system, including objectives, curriculum, assessment, and other key elements.
2. Liaise with and recruit expat faculty, and inspire the team to learn from up-to-date
ideas and practices. Contribute to the sharing and exchange of resources and ideas within
3. Work with local members of the leadership team to ensure that the curriculum meets
Chinese legal and cultural norms, as well as maintaining linkages and interconnections
Last 2 Updated in May, 2023
between Chinese and international elements.
4. Ensure that a high quality education experience is available for all children who attend
the kindergarten through effective and innovative teaching and evaluation practices.
5. Lead, coordinate and review the application and development of international
accreditation – including resourcing, professional development, curriculum, planning,
best practice of teaching and learning, assessment, and reporting.
1. Provide dynamic, consistent and inspiring leadership for the kindergarten’s academic
staff; uphold the vision, ethos, objectives as a role model within the community.
2. Work with other divisions to formulate and implement the kindergarten’s short- and
long-term academic development plans which should be consistent with the whole
school’s academic plans under the direction of the School Executive Committee.
1. Provide a nurturing, supportive and inclusive environment for children, staff and
2. Promote cross-cultural understanding within the division, with an emphasis on
Last 3 Updated in May, 2023
respect towards other cultures and traditions.
3. Encourage a school culture that is cooperative and collaborative rather than
Resources and Performance Management
1. Work closely with the HR department to recruit, manage, develop and inspire a
diverse, committed and self-motivated workforce that has a clear understanding of the
kindergarten’s vision and individual roles within it.
2. Work with school-based teams to build up staff’s competence through training and
3. Develop and implement a performance management framework for the delivery of
high quality education.
Outreach and Promotion:
1. Represent the kindergarten in the wider community (e.g., prospective students,
non-profit organizations) and attend relevant events and activities to promote
kindergarten’s reputation and expand resources.
2. Work in partnerships with parents to raise educational awareness, promote lifelong
learning, and improve outcomes for all.
Last 4 Updated in May, 2023
1. A minimum of 10 years working experience in education and a minimum of 5 years
experience in leading kindergarten (s) as an academic head.
2. Strong background in curriculum, instruction and childcare, experience in the IB PYP
课程、教学和保育方面经验丰富，有IB PYP 经验者优先。
3. Sound understanding of international education practices in China.
4. Master’s Degree or higher in early childhood education, school leadership, curriculum
and instruction or a related area.
5. Commitment to the school’s mission, values, and objectives.
6. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially in cross-cultural
7. Strong work ethic.
- Recruiter Type:
- Current Location:
Xinbaide HR is a foreign talents recruiting company. Our main services are foreign teacher recruiting, policy and management consulting, etc. All over the years, Xinbaide HR keeps building strong relationship with many education institutes in China. We have also built up good reputation among foreign talents by helping them adjust the culture differences.