The Community Manager is responsible for center atmosphere and event management. He/She is the primary point of contact for the community and acts as the “face” of WSE. The Community Manager will work with both service and operations teams to jointly create a vivid, welcoming space for students and prospects which reflects the WSE brand and company values.
1. Greeting /Point of Contact
- Be the first and last point of contact for students and staff
- Cover the front desk during business hours
- Greet and welcome prospects and students
- Greet people who come in for tours, track walk-ins, schedule tours, and send confirmation emails
- Assist Customer Service Assistants to prepare and distribute promotional materials to prospects
- Answer “walk-up” student questions or refer inquirer to additional resources
2. Student Management
- Work on community initiatives designed to develop connections between students, including student introductions, event support, email and print communications
- Be active with WSE centers around the city; know all of the related events happening in other learning centers
- Solve student issues to ensure a cohesive community
3. Events and Community Management
- Make posters for events
- Assist with set-up and breakdown of events, including ordering food and beverages
- Prepare monthly newsletters to distribute internally and externally
- Assist new staff members settle into the center
- Ensuring the building is clean and well kept
- Ordering consumables
- Submit event receipts to the Service Manager for expense reports
- Identify issues for escalation to the Service Manager in order to document accordingly
1. A passport from an English Native Speaking country (United States, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, United Kingdom, South Africa, Ireland) .
2. Bachelor's Degree;
3. 2 year of full-time managment experience with reference letters required;
4. Must have strong verbal and written communication skills;
1. Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills;
2. Demonstrate integrity, dependability, responsibility, accountability, self-awareness, work ethic, and empathy;
3. Passion for building communities of learners;
4. Passion and understanding for WSE’s mission and values;
5. Proficient in basic computer skills, with design skills a plus;
6. The ability to work independently as well as part of a team;
- Basic salary: 17,000 RMB to 19,000 RMB
- Bonus: 2,000 RMB based on the focused months.
- City allowance: 3,000 RMB
- Contract completion bonus: 7,000 RMB
- 100% of Z visa and work permit costs are covered.
- Full coverage medical insurance at recognized hospitals through our insurance provider Pingan Medical.
- 11 days of Chinese national holiday plus 10 days of paid leave.
- Mandarin Chinese lessons for beginners.
- New hire training, plus ongoing seminars and workshops.
- Student and staff referral bonus system.
- Housing is not provided but we'll help you get situated
- Private airport pickup and transportation upon arrival
- Teachers are put up in a hotel for up to 10 days fully paid upon arrival
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team, your journey can start today.
Wall Street English China
- Company type:
- Recruiter Type: Employer
- Industry type: Education/Training/Universities & Colleges
At Wall Street English, teaching English is about making a difference in our students' lives. Our goal is to break down the barriers of language and culture. We are seeking professionals who are seeking international experience and adventure, committed to working in a fast-paced and student-centered environment.
Our learning centers are located in high-end shopping malls, exclusive office buildings, and busy street-level locations. We pride ourselves not only on the quality of our teachers and classes, but also on the comfort and atmosphere of our centers. We strive to create a relaxed and comfortable environment for both our students and staff in our slick, modern, 5-star learning centers.
Teachers here don't just teach for a school - they gain access to career development, promotion and advancement opportunities, and top-notch training. You can teach here for a year or make a career out of Wall Street English - the choice is yours!
- Current Location: Shanghai China
- Address: 3F Jin Mao Tower, 88 Century Boulevard, PUDONG SHANGHAI 200121